- Sterilizes dental instruments according to OSHA and infection control standards
- Collects and dispenses dental instruments
- Sterilizes instruments
- Maintains infection control areas to ensure compliance with OSHA and CDC regulations
- Maintains inventory of supplies to ensure availability of instruments
- Dispenses and collects supplies and equipment to ensure operational efficiency
- Collects data and maintains reports to ensure proper infection control standards are met
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/ supplies, to include but not limited to sterilization machinery, plastic wrappings, pens, pencils and computer keyboards
- Ability to lift dental instrumentation trays
- Ability to understand and interpret state and OSHA rules and regulations regarding sterilization procedures, and infection control
- Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
Sterilization Technicians Applicants should send:
- Your current resume.
- A copy of your social security card. If none is available, then send a copy of your passport or birth certificate. (if you do not send your SS card, then we will need to know exactly how your name reads on it.) You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- Your Alien Registration Receipt Card (green card) if you are a lawful permanent resident. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- Your current driver's license. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- A copy of your Hepatitis B immunization records from your doctors office or health clinic.
- Names and contact numbers of two or three professional references (former employers, instructors, etc. No friends or relatives, please). We would prefer to talk to these references, so please include their email & phone numbers, if possible.