- Support hygienists in dental practices
- Role is similar to a dental assistant, with many of the same responsibilities, except their focus is on hygiene care and treatments
- Reduce workload, frees up more appointment slots and improves patient service
- Role is to support one or more hygienists
- Involves working alongside hygienists and making sure they have all of the necessary equipment
- Set up, clear away, and clean equipment between patient consults, and fill in record and chart data
- Also takes on minor tasks, such as taking blood pressure, applying fluoride treatments, polishing teeth, and developing x-rays
- Requires a lot of contact with patients
- Greet patients and settle them in and, in some cases, book future appointments when they leave
- Certification in dental assisting
- Coronal polishing
- Good communication
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to a schedule
- Practical skills
- Technical aptitude
Hygiene Assistant Applicants should send:
- Your current resume.
- A copy of your social security card. If none is available, then send a copy of your passport or birth certificate. (if you do not send your SS card, then we will need to know exactly how your name reads on it.) You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- Your Alien Registration Receipt Card (green card) if you are a lawful permanent resident. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- Your current driver's license. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document.
- A copy of your Hepatitis B immunization records from your doctors office or health clinic.
- Names and contact numbers of two or three professional references (former employers, instructors, etc. No friends or relatives, please). We would prefer to talk to these references, so please include their email & phone numbers, if possible.