Dental Assistant 



  • Chair Side Assistant.
  • Polishes the teeth to remove stains and soft deposits.
  • Takes Dental x-rays.
  • Applies topical fluoride treatments.
  • Takes impressions and bite registrations.
  • Applies pit and fissure sealants.
  • Places and removes periodontal dressings.
  • Removes surgical sutures.
  • Pre-selection of orthodontic bands.
  • Places and removes orthodontic ligature ties, placing orthodontic separators.
  • Adaption of temporary crowns.
  • Places topical medications. 
  • Removes excess cement from fabricated restorations and orthodontic bands.

Dental Assistants should send:

  • Your current resume. 
  • A copy of your social security card. If non is available, then send a copy of your passport or birth certificate. (if you do not send your SS card, then we will need to know exactly how your name reads on it.) You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document. 
  • Your Alien Registration Receipt Card (green card) if you are a lawful permanent resident. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document. 
  • Your current driver's license. You can also scan and email but please do not fax this document. 
  • A copy of your Hepatitis B immunization records from your doctors office or health clinic. 
  • Names and contact numbers of two or three professional references (former employers, instructors, etc. No friends or relatives, please). We would prefer to talk to these references, so please include their email & phone numbers, if possible. 
  • Your DANB certificate, if you have taken it.
  • Your diploma from an ADA accredited school, if you have graduated from one. 
  • If neither of the above applies, we will need:
    • Proof from DDS on letterhead stating that you have completed full time employment and experience as a chair side assistant for 2 years (3,000 hours) of the preceding five, which during the period you were trained in any dental delivery setting and allowed to perform the functions of a Dental Assistant II under the direct control and supervision of a licensed dentist;
    • Record of your x-ray certification that meets the North Carolina requirements and
    • Record of your completion of a three hour course in sterilization and infection control (OSHA) and
    • Record of your completion of a three house course in dental office emergencies. 
  • Your coronal polishing certificate.
  • A copy of your 1 hour OSHA annual update for the current year.
  • Front and Back of your CPR card from a hands on course. We do not accept an online course. 
  • Nitrous certificate, if you have it. 



  • (336) 307-3631 (office)

  • (336) 688-8424 (mobile)

  • (336) 419-0162 (fax)